Today's post started, innocently enough, with a tweet. As usual, I was complaining about something. In this case, it was a nasty smell coming from a coworker's desk.
I noted that certain foods should be illegal in a closed office setting. Immediately, people started to agree. And what I discovered is that certain items are universally disliked by anyone who sits at a desk all day.
Here's what I came up with, with the help of my twitter followers. Notably, JustStam had a number of additions.
10) Anything with Tabasco sauce in/on it.
9) Goat cheese, or, for that matter, any stinky cheese. (If you don't know what I mean, ask a french friend.)
8) Burnt popcorn.
7) Egg salad.
6) Anything flavored with vinegar (even chips!) Specifically, balsamic vinegar.
5) Indian food. Definitely the worst of the ethnic cuisines, though a special mention should be made for chinese food before a certain hour, say, 11:30 am.
4) Raw onions.
1) Herring. No joke, people in my office eat this. I have considered filing a sexual harassment complaint, because obviously no woman in the world can stand the sight, smell or taste of it.
What foods make you cringe when a coworker pulls it out?