Thursday, February 26, 2009

Red Light Green Light....Oh. My. Gosh.

It seems like my identity has been stolen. No, nobody stole my credit and made a huge number of purchases. Nor did anybody make any kind of changes to my credit score as far as I know.I mean my identity as a person. It used to be like: "Hi my name is SD and I am 20 years old and I have an older sister so I am not in shidduchim yet."
Not anymore. Apparently, MP has gone behind my back and robbed me of my identity. She has told my parents that she does not want me to wait for her any longer.
I officially have the green light. I am officially in shidduchim. Yikes.I wasn't home last night, when my mother called me at 10:30 to let me know. I texted a few friends to let them know, ya know, spread the word kinda thing. By 11:30 I was getting very depressed. "I can't believe this!" I told my friend. "It's already been an hour since I officially started shidduchim and not a single phone call yet!"
Uh, no. I wasn't serious. I wasn't expecting to get many phone calls. Not in the first hour, day, week, or even month. In fact, I'm not very sure how my status is really changed. I guess it all becomes more real now. SD in shidduchim? Yikes...what a thought. And here I was, coming to terms with the whole waiting for a red light business.
Oh well..
I always imagined waiting until MP got engaged, in which case I'd have a bit of warning. I must admit this is all pretty shocking...
And once again, I'd like to publicly note MP's strength of character. I am sure this decision was a really difficult one for her to make, but she did, and that impresses me.

So bring on TBB people! ;)

5 comments:

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

ahh I see now... lol, funny that after you wrote about the "red light" she said you now have the green light. I had that same feeling as you, when I "officially" started.

Good Luck!

Also, it might even make it easier for her, if your in shidduchim too, cause then you have double the amount of suggestions, and what one person might suggest for her, can be good for you, and visa versa.

halfshared said...

Wow, your sister is to be commended for doing that because I know how hard it can be.
I really hope your ride is an easy and fast one!
(P.S. It's okay to be yourself when you're on shidduchim. All the impressing and everything won't get you engaged any faster than acting yourself. Remember Who is mezaveg zivugim.)

Something Different said...

JSB- Like a pit in your stomach kinda feeling? I doubt any boy that they would suggest for MP would go for an MP, he would probably be a real MOTS kinda boy. Also, I don't quite expect the suggestions to come pouring in now...

HS- Yes, I am impressed with her. But then again, she is MP... ;)
Amein.
(P.S. Please don't assume this means I have a date tonight. Seriously. It's just a name. I don't expect anyone to have ideas for me any more than they used to. Remember, I am different.

the dreamer said...

Mazal Tov.

:P

seriously, hatzlacha with it all and may the right one come along real soon!

Something Different said...

Dreamer- Mazel tov? LOL I am devastated! I am already being pressured to wear my hair down to vorts and things... ;)
Amein!