In celebration of surviving the first three-day yom tov, and in nervous anticipation of the upcoming three-day yomim tovim, I present to you Top Ten Signs that you've just survived one. G'luck with it folks.
10) It used to be your favorite kugel, but having eaten it for the last six consecutive meals, you are pretty sure you don't want to ever even LOOK at that strawberry-apple kugel again.
9) You spent the better part of the day looking wistfully at the married women in the family and briefly considered hijacking a hair covering of some sort.
8) You suddenly realize that Barack Obama AND Joe Biden could have died, leaving Nancy Pelosi in charge, and you wouldn't even know about it.
7) Far, FAR worse, you realize that the Yankees could have lost their lead in the AL east and you wouldn't even know about it.
6) If someone would offer you an all expenses paid meal at Prime Grill you'd probably groan and mutter "No fleishigs...no more fleishigs..."
5) Your deodorant can is empty.
4) You are counting the minutes until even your favorite niece or nephew goes back home.
3) Your phone/iPod/laptop have time to fully cool down.
2) You have read every word of every page of the Yated, Hamodia, Mishpacha AND Bina.
1) You take the pony holder out of your hair and your hair just stays in the pony anyway.