Two weeks ago, Top Ten Tuesday highlited annoying computer users. Lots of commenters seemed to hate the obsessive compulsive email forwarder. This week's Top Ten List is a compilation of some of the emails I HATE getting.
10) Send this to ten people then watch your screen. Something hilarious will happen. THIS IS NOT HARRY POTTER FOLKS! THERE IS NO MAGIC!
9) Get a free laptop by sending this email to a bunch of people and CCing Anna.firstname.lastname@example.org or whatever. Sorry dudes, Anna Swelung ain't got no extra laptops to hand out. In fact, she doesn't exist!
8) I'm dying of cancer and the only way I can be saved is if you forward this email because aol will give me fifteen cents for it.
If AOL really knew which emails you were sending to who, would you really not be scared to use emails?
7) Microsoft is teaming up with AOL to distribute their wealth. Er, I'm mixing something up with Obama here, but really. I have a hard time believing that folks think Bill Gates is handing out checks for forwarding his email.
6) Look!!! I found your driver's license online! And haha you look like a monkey!
Makes me wonder if there is inteligent life on THIS planet.
5) Cell phone numbers will go public next month!!!!!!! If this happened every time they say it would... Sigh.
4) You will die an explosive death if you talk on your phone while it's charging!!!!!! Oh, and the graphic pictures of the supposed demise that should have happened to me numerous times don't make the email any better...
3) I Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg...
2) Anything with poorly photoshopped pictures of disturbing things such as a barber shaving the hat off a British soldier's head, or a cat holding a baby. Ugh.
1) This email actually irked me to the extent that I wrote a rebuttal. I used to send it as a reply-all to people who sent the original email to me. It didn't stop people from passing the email back on to me, so I stopped sending it. I'm talking about the email that comes with the subject line:
OMG LOL SOOOO TRUE!!!
LOL!! THE EMAIL OF THE YEAR!!
Or more specifically,
"Signs you live in the year [insert current year here].
Seriously, that email was funny in the '90's, I'm sure, but it isn't anymore! It's just outdated.
Who wants to see my version?
Which emails do you not want gracing your inbox ever again?