Friday, May 21, 2010

Ain't Gonna...

I spent Yom Tov in Lakewood, ihr hatoirah (/sarcasm). I won't attempt a wrap up post, because very little of record happened, unless you count my new ability to break into every other house in my brother's complex. (I decided that the neighborhood list should not only have name, address and phone numbers, but also front door combinations; everyone shares them freely anyway.)

I decided, instead, to share some pearls of wisdom from my brother's kids.

Someone asked my four-year-old niece if she wants to come for shabbos to Bubby's house without her mommy and totty. She immediately started to cry at the thought. "But how would I get there? I don't know how to drive, even."

At some point during the first day of Yom Tov, ny sister-in-law tried to include my two year old niece in the clean-up effort. "Come ------- and help me!" she called across the room. My niece looked up and called back, "No! Don't make me work on Saturday!"

That's it. Just a few random tidbits of nachas.

4 comments:

someone said...

lol. that's all i have to say. and why have i not heard about this yet? (shrug)

Shades of Grey said...

great quotes! My sister went there as well (instead of going home with me). I still remember the one time I spent Shabbos there and told everyone I went to Yeshivas Rabbeinu Yitzchak Elchanan (which is true, btw) and not mention YU. It was all fun and games until someone "outed" me, then we started talking about the latest YU hock, which was hilarious.

itsagift said...

Love this one! Kids say the cutest things!

Staying Afloat said...

Love it. So much. Especially the second one.

She knows what Saturday is?