Motzei shabbos, as I was drifting off to sleep, I had this sudden and horrible realization. The second birthday of BOSD has passed without a party, without fanfare, and without recognition of any sort.
And then, I realized that it's time I stopped neglecting this blog. All of my loyal readers surely noticed how seldom I've posted in the last few months. If you think this is a long winded introduction to an engagement announcement, you are sadly mistaken.
I did, however, have a whole bunch of reasons not to post much. It's Tuesday, so let's see if I have ten of em:
In the last six months:
10) My manager at work (who I loved) quit.
9) I was asked repeatedly if I am sure I am not pregnant.
8) I lost an organ.
7) I recovered from my first ever surgery.
6) I used up years of accumulated sick days. Without lying.
5) I got a new manager who can only be described as something that rhymes with a witch. (And no, I don't mean a snitch.)
4) I found a new job.
3) I quit my old job. (Happiest day of my life. Hands down.)
2) I discovered the joys and trials of a commuter's lifestyle.
1) I became a morning person.
Does this excuse my lack of posts? I don't know. On the one hand, this sorta gives me a ton to post about. On the other hand, I was never one of those "and here's what happened to me today" type of bloggers.
Does anyone want to hear which organ I lost? Or what my first words after waking up from surgery were? Or what I nicknamed my horrible new manager? Or what I do on the way to work every day? Either way, I've got some post ideas, and I fully intend to post a bunch more. I won't, however, complain if your comments generate a discussion that inspires me to write a bunch of new posts. No, that's not a hint. Not at all.
Ok, your turn folks. What's been going on in the last six months of your lives?