Sunday, June 6, 2010

I'm Apparently a Casualty

It was one of life's cruel little ironies. My day would be busier than usual, but I was determined to fit an hour at the gym into it. I planned the day down to the minute. Then I made the fifteen minute trip to my gym.

Truth really is stranger than fiction; I missed the curb and twisted my ankle on my way in. I turned around and went home. I limped into my house, scowling at the irony of my careful planning, wishing I could have twisted my ankle on the way out instead.

Life must go on. I took four advil and went out to parade my balloon of an ankle and my limping self in front of a million people. That wasn't the distressing thing though. The distressing thing is realizing that I've become a casualty of the shidduch crisis.

Yeah, I'm drugged up on advil just to get out of my house, and only one thought is going through my head as these yentish ladies watch me in a pseudo-sympathetic manner:

Limping is bad for shidduchim.

12 comments:

frum single female said...

ahh sd , refuah shelamah. you're ankle will get better and you will get married.

Feivel ben Mishael said...

Twisted my ankle last night.
Can barely walk.
Skipping Yeshiva is bad for shidduchim.
(Though maybe in a more indirect way)

itsagift said...

How about wishing you a speedy recovery? Noooo, there's only one thing on peoples minds these days.

So sad.

Anonymous said...

your hilarious, keep a positive attitude and everything will work out for the good:)

RivkA with a capital A said...

STAY OFF YOUR ANKLE!!

Seriously, I had ankle problems for over a year because I was an idiot and walked on a severely sprained ankle. (of course, it was during my first week of college in my first year of college, so how I was supposed to stay off it is beyong me....)

tesyaa said...

RivkA, obviously it was a sign that you shouldn't have been going to college :)

Shades of Grey said...

I'm sitting here with a frozen bag of corn on my shoulder after it popped out of the joint (and quickly back in) during some strenuous wedding shtick today. As injured as I might be (it doesn't seem so serious), the reactions to the shtick were quite good. So I guess getting injured isn't *always* bad for shidduchim...

Soul Comfort said...

refuah shelaimah!

caller id said...

oish!
spraining your ankle is NOT FUN (as i can so very well attest to)
refuah sheleimah and all the rest...

Staying Afloat said...

Agreed that sprained ankles aren't fun- I've had a few. And yes, stay off it as much as possible.

It should be a kaparah, which may bring you closer to your bashert:)

Something Different said...

THanks guys, my ankle is pretty much better. It happened a few days before I actually posted it...

:-)

RivkA with a capital A said...

Glad to hear your ankle is feeling better!

Still, take it easy. Ankles can be tricky and you want it to heal completely so you don't have any long terms problems....

(don't I sound like a mom? hope I'm not too annoying....)