SD went shopping yesterday. The most monumental thing that happened to her is that she discovered she has very expensive taste. And that she speaks in third person about herself.
Anyhow, since it is Tuesday, this weeks Top Ten is for those who can't spot the expensive stores (such as myself) here are some clues, some ways to know that you've stepped out of the World of Retail and into the World of Overpriced Cult Followers
10) Everything in the store is covered in some ugly logo, and the bigger the logo the more digits the price tag has.
9) You wonder if the decimal point on the price got lost along the way.
8) You pick up the bag for closer inspection, and discover that it's attached to the display table with a complicated security cord mechanism.
7) There are only three items in the whole store. And four salespeople.
6) You wonder if a second mortgage on the house will earn you the pair of boots you're eyeing.
5) As soon as you walk in to the store, a salesperson and two security guards latch on to you, asking if you are SURE you don't need help.
4) There are no price tags in sight.
3) So you ask for the price and the saleslady just gives you a LOOK.
2) Ordinary safety tags make way for complicated electronic tracking devices...and they are attached to every pair of socks
1) You can't pronounce the name of the store.